[Kde-games-devel] KMines SVG

Ian Wadham ianw2 at optusnet.com.au
Thu Feb 8 22:41:59 CET 2007

On Fri, 9 Feb 2007 07:03 am, Mark A. Taff wrote:
> On Thursday 08 February 2007 10:21:10 Mauricio Piacentini wrote:
> > Hi, guys. Due to peer pressure :), I have just committed the initial
> > implementation of SVG theme loading in KMines.
>
> You flatter me by calling me a peer. ;-)

NOW we're cooking with gas! :-)  Saying that always makes my
daughter cringe, so I couldn't resist it ... ;-)

> > http://www.tabuleiro.com/mauricio/ref_kmines.png

Nice stuff, Johann and Mauricio.  Never thought KMines could look
so lively.  Been playing the Windows version for years.

> Since we will have an svg version of the classic look of kmines, I think we
> have some creative flexibility in making other themes, such as Johann
> proposes (and hopefully the code will support that in the near term).

I think you could even *ask* for code to support graphics ideas.
No guarantees on Mauricio's part, of course.  Don't want to subject
him to *too* much peer pressure ;-)

> I will keep an eye on the code.  There are some things I feel
> competent coding.

That would be good.  Mauricio is working at flat chat all the time on
so many KDE Games things and he does have a company to run ...

> For the record, I live in Seattle, and am a night owl.

Ah yes, West Coast USA.  They are so far behind Australia they
are actually just a few hours ahead ... yesterday :-)

All the best, Ian W.