[Kde-games-devel] KMines SVG

Mark A. Taff marktaff at comcast.net
Thu Feb 8 08:41:50 CET 2007

I've been doing some hacking on KMines SVG.

In the KDE3 Kmines:
	1) the smily faces are 29px sq *.xpm files;
	2) the mine, flag, and number of adjacent mines are pixmaps drawn in code
from QPainter; *
	3) the playing area is a KGrid2D object, not pixmaps;

Given this, I am unsure of how to procede with making the svg images, because
I don't know what images an SVG based KMines would need.  Making the smiley
faces is a no brainer, but will KDE4 KMines abandon KGrid2D, and thus need
images for the grid?  Do we need svg images for the numbers, or should this
be kept as QPainter objects?

My C++ is really weak, so I don't have any firm idea of how KMines would
function in KDE4 as opposed to KDE3.

I would appreciate some direction from one (or more!) of you kde-games coders
out there.

I have attached a svgz of work thus far for reference; really just grappling
with what already exists in KDE3.

Thanks,

Mark

*See: