[Kde-games-devel] SVGization

Ian Wadham ianw2 at optusnet.com.au
Thu Feb 8 05:15:33 CET 2007

On Thu, 8 Feb 2007 12:12 pm, Branan Riley wrote:
> On Wednesday 07 February 2007 17:09, Ian Wadham wrote:
> > quite of a hurdle in learning how to use Inkscape.  I have a good
> > web-reference for a tutorial if you need it.
>
> That would be great. I kind of need something to work with in order to
> build the engine, and Inkscape has thus far proven harder to learn than
> Blender.

:-D ... There's a good tutorial on Blender that you are supposed to be
able to do in half an hour, but so far, after fiddling for a day or two, the
best I can get is a "gingerbread man" with 3D arms, head and body,
but 2D legs!  Dunno what went wrong. :-(

The link you need is http://tavmjong.free.fr/INKSCAPE/MANUAL/html/
It is a manual but has tutorials. Start with the Swedish Flag and work up.

All the best, Ian W.

P.S. To find out how to hook SVG "elements" (named pieces of graphics)
into a game, check the code and SVG files in KAtomic or libkmahjongg.
Use Inkscape Object->Object Properties to set the name in the selected
object's Id box.