[Kde-games-devel] About recent IRC meeting

Jure Repinc jlp at holodeck1.com
Sat Feb 3 15:34:17 CET 2007

Dmitry Suzdalev pravi:

> I've read a log of recent IRC meeting (it's a pity, but I wasn't there).
> And I must say I'm totally excited of discussion happened!
> I know, that Mauricio promised to wrap it up nicely on Monday, but I still
> want to say, that was nice one! :)

I think the same, I was the one putting the Future of
http//games.kde.org/ on agenda, but unfortunately I wasn't able to take
part in the discussion.

> Btw, one thing I didn't understand fully is: has been the call for artists
> placed somewhere already?
>
> Conserning SVG-file descriptions for future theme-makers, what do you think -
> should we make them consistent by placing files with some predefined name
> (README.svg or whatever) in each game dir? Then we should agree on it.
> Any other thoughts about themeing support in general?

I guess the questions Dmitry is asking are also related to the future of
KDE Games website.

I agree that there should be some standard file in the source package
where people can look in if they would like to find out how to
contribute to the game development and what are all the possible jobs
one can do. Maybe all KDE apps should have the same file, like
CONTRIBUTE or something.

Another place where the same information should be collected is the new
KDE TechBase currently at http://developernew.kde.org/
That's also where all the stuff from the current http//games.kde.org/
and are related to developing should be at home. This also includes
creating themes, graphics and audio for games. I guess the best place
would be somewhere below http://developernew.kde.org/Projects

As for http//games.kde.org/ I think it should be transformed to
something like http://www.kde-apps.org/ and http://www.kde-look.org/

Where all the games that use KDE/Qt technologies would be listed and
there would also be a section with news about the KDE games and
development of them. Of course there should also be a visible link or
page on the same site that would explain to interested people how to
help and then point them at the KDE TechBase Wiki section for games
development.

If I remember correctly I was talking about the future of the website
also on IRC with ingwa (I'm not sure if it was him) and he also had some
ideas about it.

BTW, does anyone know if current maintainers (Martin and Andreas) of
http//games.kde.org/ are subscribed to this list? It would be great if
they would also know about the discussion and plans and would give their
opinions. I guess it is best if I CC them both.

--
JLP's Blog - http://jlp.holodeck1.com/blog/