[Kde-games-devel] About recent IRC meeting

Andreas Beckermann b_mann at gmx.de
Sat Feb 3 16:09:44 CET 2007

On Saturday 03 February 2007 15:34, Jure Repinc wrote:
> > Btw, one thing I didn't understand fully is: has been the call for
> > artists placed somewhere already?
> >
> > Conserning SVG-file descriptions for future theme-makers, what do you
> > think - should we make them consistent by placing files with some
> > predefined name (README.svg or whatever) in each game dir? Then we should
> > agree on it. Any other thoughts about themeing support in general?
>
> I guess the questions Dmitry is asking are also related to the future of
> KDE Games website.
>
> I agree that there should be some standard file in the source package
> where people can look in if they would like to find out how to
> contribute to the game development and what are all the possible jobs
> one can do. Maybe all KDE apps should have the same file, like
> CONTRIBUTE or something.
>
> Another place where the same information should be collected is the new
> KDE TechBase currently at http://developernew.kde.org/
> That's also where all the stuff from the current http//games.kde.org/
> and are related to developing should be at home. This also includes
> creating themes, graphics and audio for games. I guess the best place
> would be somewhere below http://developernew.kde.org/Projects
>
> As for http//games.kde.org/ I think it should be transformed to
> something like http://www.kde-apps.org/ and http://www.kde-look.org/

Since games.kde.org is unmaintained atm - go for it, if you volunteer!

> Where all the games that use KDE/Qt technologies would be listed and
> there would also be a section with news about the KDE games and
> development of them.

Which is what games.kde.org now. Just that there are no volunteers adding
content.

[...]
> BTW, does anyone know if current maintainers (Martin and Andreas) of
> http//games.kde.org/ are subscribed to this list? It would be great if
> they would also know about the discussion and plans and would give their
> opinions. I guess it is best if I CC them both.

We both are (btw: since I am the list admin of kde-games-devel, I guess it
would be pretty bad if I wasn't even subscribed ;-)).

Well, my opinion is the same as always: the one who does the work decides. I
haven't had the time to work on games.kde.org for a while - I have a few
plans, but I don't think I'll start anything within the next few months.
So if anyone actually volunteers to do something - go for it!

CU
Andi