[Kde-games-devel] Shadows of a coffee mug?

Ian Wadham ianw2 at optusnet.com.au
Sat Feb 3 11:50:51 CET 2007

Hi guys,

I was reading the article http://dot.kde.org/1167723426 about
the use of SVG in KDE4 - part of the Road to KDE 4 series.

One of the examples given was KAtomic, with its super-cool,
shadowy, brooding background.  I found that two of the other
examples in the article, KSysGuard and krunner, seem to
use the same background or parts of it.  Furthermore, going
through the games that are using SVG, it seems that KSame
and Konquest also use that background.

Is this the new KDE logo perhaps?  I can recall many projects
that ran on coffee, so maybe a shadowy coffee mug is also
emblematic of KDE 4 ... ;-)

On the other hand, is that background, elegant as it is,
becoming just a little over-used? :-)

All the best, Ian W.