[Kde-games-devel] KGoldrunner problem in Windows

Andreas Pakulat apaku at gmx.de
Fri Dec 21 20:20:56 CET 2007

On 22.12.07 05:47:04, Ian Wadham wrote:
> On Fri, 21 Dec 2007 12:46 pm, Mauricio Piacentini wrote:
> > After spending in total close to 8 hours
> > today trying to setup a working KDE-on-Windows-with-MSVC configuration,
> > of course :)
> >  I realize I can probably
> > succeed in my third attempt, if I use gcc/cygwin. But my time budgeted
> > for this experiment is over.
> >
> A heroic effort, Mauricio, and way above the call of duty!
>
> So, Johann, how will release of KDE Games to Windows environments
> be handled?
>
> It looks as though KGoldrunner, at least, will not work in
> Windows ... :-(  Even if it does, I am in no position to support it
> and respond to bugs, having no means of compiling and testing in
> Windows.  Just the acronyms in Mauricio's account sent me scurrying
> to Wikipedia to find out what the words meant.  So I am a long, long
> way behind him.
>
> Surely there is (or will be) an easier way to set up KDE in Windows?
>
> Meanwhile, is it possible to exclude KGoldrunner from Windows
> packages but keep it in Linux and Unix packages?

What windows packages? There's no planned windows release for 4.0, there
might be one for KDE 4.1, but not earlier.

As for setting up KDE on windows, the IMHO easiest method is simply
using kdewin-installer, it can install all needed deps and
kdelibs+pimlibs+base so you can start checking out kdegames. I'm not
using MSVC though, as I like open source software and have the time to
wait a bit longer for MinGW to finish.

Andreas

--
Chicken Little only has to be right once.