[Kde-games-devel] KGoldrunner problem in Windows

Mauricio Piacentini piacentini at kde.org
Fri Dec 21 21:49:46 CET 2007

Andreas Pakulat wrote:
> What windows packages? There's no planned windows release for 4.0, there
> might be one for KDE 4.1, but not earlier.

There are beta releases already out, via the kdewin installer for
example. Having this fixed is not a priority by any means, but if it
helps us uncover potential bugs in the app, the sooner the better.

> As for setting up KDE on windows, the IMHO easiest method is simply
> using kdewin-installer, it can install all needed deps and
> kdelibs+pimlibs+base so you can start checking out kdegames. I'm not
> using MSVC though, as I like open source software and have the time to
> wait a bit longer for MinGW to finish.

I tried the kdewin-installer route :) But before you go down that road,
check with the kdewin guys. Apparently using emerge is now the preferred
way, and the packages from the installer might not be compatible with
the ones you build via emerge at this time:

http://techbase.kde.org/Getting_Started/Build/KDE4/Windows/emerge

Regards,
Mauricio Piacentini