[Kde-games-devel] KGoldrunner problem in Windows

Ian Wadham ianw2 at optusnet.com.au
Fri Dec 21 19:47:04 CET 2007

On Fri, 21 Dec 2007 12:46 pm, Mauricio Piacentini wrote:
> After spending in total close to 8 hours
> today trying to setup a working KDE-on-Windows-with-MSVC configuration,
> of course :)
>  I realize I can probably
> succeed in my third attempt, if I use gcc/cygwin. But my time budgeted
> for this experiment is over.

A heroic effort, Mauricio, and way above the call of duty!

So, Johann, how will release of KDE Games to Windows environments
be handled?

It looks as though KGoldrunner, at least, will not work in
Windows ... :-(  Even if it does, I am in no position to support it
and respond to bugs, having no means of compiling and testing in
Windows.  Just the acronyms in Mauricio's account sent me scurrying
to Wikipedia to find out what the words meant.  So I am a long, long
way behind him.

Surely there is (or will be) an easier way to set up KDE in Windows?

Meanwhile, is it possible to exclude KGoldrunner from Windows
packages but keep it in Linux and Unix packages?

Cheers, Ian W.