[Kde-games-devel] KGoldrunner problem in Windows

Ian Wadham ianw2 at optusnet.com.au
Thu Dec 20 00:46:11 CET 2007

On Thu, 20 Dec 2007 08:00 am, Mauricio Piacentini wrote:
> I think we should attempt to have a number of configs to test before the
> final 4.0 tagging, including if possible Win and OSX. These can help us
> uncover hidden issues that could bite us in the near future.

I am in the throes of setting up a new laptop as my main devel
machine, with dual boot to Win XP.  So far so good, but now Linux
will not connect to the Internet ...

OpenSuSE 10.3 includes packages of all our KDE 4 games, as of
about 2 months ago, and the graphics accel runs like screaming
Mimi.  KGoldrunner Egypt loads in a flash (< 2 sec), versus about
12 sec on my desktop.

I will certainly be keeping my old desktop as well as an older laptop
as testbeds for KDE 4.1 work, but probably not all the time with the
latest trunk SVN ... ;-)  I do not wish to spend all my time compiling.
My older machines have Windows 98 SE and a very old Windows XP.

I think our games need to stay within reach of older PCs, as well as
other O/S's, if only for the sake of people in developing countries
who might not have the latest and greatest.

Cheers, Ian W.

P.S.  I also know a place where there is a veritable boneyard of
ancient PCs still in operation.  I saw an IBM Aptiva there only a
few weeks ago ...