[Kde-games-devel] KDE/kdebase/workspace/ksysguard/gui/SensorDisplayLib

Aaron J. Seigo aseigo at kde.org
Mon Dec 10 15:45:36 CET 2007

On Monday 10 December 2007, Dmitry Suzdalev wrote:
> On Monday 10 December 2007 09:18:35 Greg Martyn wrote:
> > SVN commit 746778 by martyn:
> >
> > BUG: 153512
> >
> > It appears this code was a performance optimization that relied on a bug
> > in qt that has since been fixed. see
> > http://archives.devshed.com/forums/kde-96/saving-overheads-when-resizing-
> >sv g-2318239.html
> >
> > It didn't save much computation anyway -- all we do is change the value
> > of one variable.
> >
> > The code I'm removing waited for the second of two resize events. We no
> > longer get two resize events, so we ended up completely ignoring the
> > resize event.
>
> Are you sure about this? If this is the case we should do the same in
> kdegames - we have some games relying on these "two resize events"

hm.. what's unfortunate is that Qt::WA_PendingResizeEvent is set to false
*after* the resize event is sent (line ~5368 in qwidget.cpp) .. imho that's
incorrect, and makes it pretty much useless for testing whether or not to
respond to the event. =/

ditto fro WA_PendingMoveEvent ...

--
Aaron J. Seigo