[Kde-games-devel] KDE/kdebase/workspace/ksysguard/gui/SensorDisplayLib

Ian Wadham ianw2 at optusnet.com.au
Tue Dec 11 00:12:58 CET 2007

On Tue, 11 Dec 2007 01:45 am, Aaron J. Seigo wrote:
> hm.. what's unfortunate is that Qt::WA_PendingResizeEvent is set to false
> *after* the resize event is sent (line ~5368 in qwidget.cpp) .. imho that's
> incorrect, and makes it pretty much useless for testing whether or not to
> respond to the event. =/
>
> ditto fro WA_PendingMoveEvent ...

Are you sure, Aaron?  It seems to me that it is the state of the *widget*
that is being set and later tested, not the state of the resize event's
object.  The event has been queued, in the situation you refer to, and
should not happen until after the qwidget.cpp code gives up control.

BTW, I am deeply concerned about this issue, which could be a
showstopper for several KDE 4 games, including mine, but I'm on
the run at the moment and cannot elaborate.  Please have a look at
my kde-devel post of Thursday 6 Dec, "SVG Rendering and Main
Window Startup".  You can get 1, 2 or 3 resize events, it seems,
depending on config settings at startup time.

Cheers, Ian W.