[Kde-games-devel] Christmas theme for ktuberling...

Famille Brisset les.brisset at free.fr
Thu Dec 6 23:32:59 CET 2007

Right, I thought I'd get an answer directly on my e-mail and didn't
think about the online list archives (I'm not subscribed to the list
because it is too much traffic for my mailbox) so that I didn't see all
the discussion going on :-( Thanks for forwarding the link to the thread !
I'm aware of release issues, and will just follow the guidelines. All I
can say is that I'm really sad if it can't go in for 4.0 since this
theme really fits with winter/Christmas time ! If I understand the
problem right, the blocking issue is string translations, which in this
case amounts to exactly *one* string: "Christmas". So my suggestions (in
decreasing order of preference) would be:
1) commit it after translating the string to the most common languages
(list of locales taken e.g. from translations available for other
themes). Considering the word I need to translate, it should be easy to
find the appropriate translations !
2) add it to GetHotNewStuff, though I'm not sure ktuberling supports it
(can't test right now, I've messed up my KDE4 install !)
3) put it on kde-look.org

Waiting for your feedback,

Nicolas