[Kde-games-devel] Christmas theme for ktuberling...

Albert Astals Cid aacid at kde.org
Sat Dec 8 01:34:40 CET 2007

A Dijous 06 Desembre 2007, Famille Brisset va escriure:
> Right, I thought I'd get an answer directly on my e-mail and didn't
> think about the online list archives (I'm not subscribed to the list
> because it is too much traffic for my mailbox) so that I didn't see all
> the discussion going on :-( Thanks for forwarding the link to the thread !
> I'm aware of release issues, and will just follow the guidelines. All I
> can say is that I'm really sad if it can't go in for 4.0 since this
> theme really fits with winter/Christmas time ! If I understand the
> problem right, the blocking issue is string translations, which in this
> case amounts to exactly *one* string: "Christmas". So my suggestions (in
> decreasing order of preference) would be:
> 1) commit it after translating the string to the most common languages
> (list of locales taken e.g. from translations available for other
> themes). Considering the word I need to translate, it should be easy to
> find the appropriate translations !
> 2) add it to GetHotNewStuff, though I'm not sure ktuberling supports it
> (can't test right now, I've messed up my KDE4 install !)
> 3) put it on kde-look.org

Ok, the 3) option is going to be the only way as RC2 tarballs have already
been created and next tagging will be already after christmas so it does not
make sense breaking the freeze by then.

Of course we will add the playground to KDE 4.1 :-)

Albert