[Kde-games-devel] kwin4 & lskat graphics

Eugene Trounev eugene.trounev at gmail.com
Tue Aug 28 15:45:40 CEST 2007

Hi Martin,

Thanks for remarks

On Tuesday 28 August 2007 01:50, Martin Heni wrote:
> Hello !
>

> ================== kwin4 ==================
> I like how the reflection handling is now done in kwin4, that is, via the
> theme configuration! Very excellent idea!!! The default theme is now fast
> without reflections and the nice theme has reflections. Maybe this should
> reflect in the theme name, so "B&R reflections" instead of "B&R 2"?
To tell you the truth I have no idea how to rename themes for kwin4 :) If you know, then please do.

> Also the score dialog in kwin4 improved. Thanks to the artists for their
> work on it.
>
> Some remarks and questions:
> - The boards are not aligned with the pieces anymore. Does this happen only
> with me?
No, It's hard to align them. I was doing the best I can. I'll look into it once more and hopefully solve it once and for all.

> - The default theme is now black-red pieces not white-red like before.
> Should we keep both in?

Well, the problem is that if we have white pieces the background should be dark/black... The whole thing then looks rather depressing ;)

> - I like the blue board better than the grey one. Please leave one theme
> with blue board in [I dont mind having the gray theme if I can have my blue
> one too ;-)].
But the 'Default' (no reflections) theme is blue. Isn't it? It won't be changed.

> ================== lskat ==================
> Lskat needs a little graphical improvement too. A nice background and the
> score dialog needs to be updated a bit like the kwin4 one. At the beginning
> I had e.g. a box around the player's name and the large points number to
> separate it from the overall Score/Games counter.
I'm not sure what you mean... but I'll try a few things and see if it looks better.

> If anybody has time...(I know, I know).
>
> I also would prefer if we could have a non gray theme. I personally don't
> like gray so much. Either we make the default theme non gray (blueish,
> greenish?) or we make two themes - which can be identical except for the
> color tone. What you think?
At the moment this game has no theme switcher. As soon as there will be one, there will be more themes ;)