[Kde-games-devel] kwin4 & lskat graphics

Martin Heni kde at heni-online.de
Tue Aug 28 19:33:56 CEST 2007

> > ================== kwin4 ==================
> To tell you the truth I have no idea how to rename themes for kwin4 :) If
> you know, then please do.

The themes are renamed via the "index.desktop" file in the grafix directory.
This file lists the all theme names together with the actual theme filename -
one name-filename pair per kde config group. Look at it, you immediately see
it. This procedure is necessary to allow easy translation of the theme names.
If they would be in the theme files itself translators have it harder to find
them. The index.desktop files are all processed.

Additional themes are added by just adding a new group to this index.desktop
file

I did not rename it, cause I have no clue to what name;-)

> No, It's hard to align them. I was doing the best I can. I'll look into it
> once more and hopefully solve it once and for all.
It worked once before. Something must have changed.

> Well, the problem is that if we have white pieces the background should be
> dark/black... The whole thing then looks rather depressing ;)
Agreed. It is ok then.

> But the 'Default' (no reflections) theme is blue. Isn't it? It won't be
> changed.
True . :-)

> > ================== lskat ==================
> I'm not sure what you mean... but I'll try a few things and see if it looks
> better.
See the "blue" theme I committed. This was my first attempt at the grafix.
Although I am not good at drawing I think the scorebox idea is nicer than it
is now. The background is not, though.

> At the moment this game has no theme switcher. As soon as there will be
> one, there will be more themes ;)
True,  indeed. The game does support themes but obvisouly I never got around
to making them selectable via the GUI. This is done now. You habe now two
themes to play with and select via the menus.

Thanks again for the artistic effort you guys put in.