[Kde-games-devel] kgoldrunner ported to KScoreDialog

Ian Wadham ianw2 at optusnet.com.au
Sat Aug 11 14:11:49 CEST 2007

On Thu, 9 Aug 2007 10:41 pm, Dmitry Suzdalev wrote:
> sometimes hero dies if he runs above hole-with-enemy
>
> Suppose I lost the game at level 7.
> yes! I want to instantly start playing level 7 again ...

I've fixed the two problems above ... :-)

I have also reverted to KGoldrunner high-score methods, to
preserve pre-existing high-score data, but have added two
small improvements --- removed a redundant KMessageBox
and set the name to "-" if the player does not enter a name.

Re the fade-in/ fade-out animation, I have added some
performance improvements to make it go more smoothly
and consistently if there is no graphics acceleration.  I still
get only about 3 frames of fade-out and 3 of fade-in when
the play area size is about 1024x768 and the theme is SVG,
using a 2.4 GHz processor, but the frames are more evenly
spaced and timed now - not so jerky as before.

With old KGoldrunner themes I get about 9 frames each way.
Also I can do better with all themes if I have smaller play areas.

I think the difficulty with SVG themes is just the load of drawing very
large areas in quick succession (backgrounds and fade-masks).
After all, those images must be Megabytes in size.

Cheers everyone, Ian W.