[Kde-games-devel] kgoldrunner ported to KScoreDialog

Ian Wadham ianw2 at optusnet.com.au
Fri Aug 10 10:51:03 CEST 2007

On Fri, 10 Aug 2007 12:01 am, Mauricio Piacentini wrote:
> Dmitry Suzdalev wrote:
> > Firstly I wonder is this a bug that when enemy falls into a hole,
> > sometimes hero dies if he runs above hole-with-enemy even if the enemy
> > was *just* catched.
>
> I understand that this is not a bug, and it occurs because your mouse is
> positioned just below the current line of blocks. However, this
> frustrated me a lot when I started playing KGoldRunner, to the point
> where I thought that you were not supposed to run over enemies, as I
> died all the times! <snip> ... it is probably a common stumbler block
> that prevents more people from getting  into KGr.

Just checked in a trial fix of -1 lines ... :-)  Enemies now behave like
concrete, provided you are above them.  So no more stepping down and
dying.  It makes levels where you have to fall and stand on an enemy
a tiny bit easier, but not so much as to destroy the challenge.  See
"State of Terror", level 2, for an example.

All the best, Ian W.

P.S. It's always a pleasure  when you can remove a problem by
deleting some code ... :-)