[Kde-games-devel] kgoldrunner ported to KScoreDialog

Ian Wadham ianw2 at optusnet.com.au
Fri Aug 10 01:16:04 CEST 2007

On Fri, 10 Aug 2007 12:01 am, Mauricio Piacentini wrote:
> Or add a rule that makes it impossible to enter into a hole that is
> occupied by the enemy, as this is a dumb move anyway and no
> one would want to do it on purpose?

The mouse tries to emulate the joystick, on which you could set the
lever at any angle, but maybe it is a touch too sensitive in this case.
There are some advanced levels in which you have to ride on enemies'
heads as they fall ... or run horizontally on their heads ... so you have
to have *some* penalty for wrong moves ... ;-)  I'll give the sensitivity
question some thought.

> If Ian find that this is not appropriate we could maybe find a way (in
> the tutorial) to warn the user about this particularity. It is really
> common, but something that we do not see in users that already play the
> game for some time. My wife was also puzzled about it when she started
> playing, and someone at aKademy mentioned the same to me, so it is
> probably a common stumbler block that prevents more people from getting
> into KGr.

Good idea and noted.  IIRC it was a turn-off for new players in the original
game and the first 10 levels were really hard at first, but maybe us old-time
players were tougher than the new generation ... :-)  That said, I wonder how
far one should go in making reproductions.  I am sure reproducers of classic
cars do not build in all the old mechanical problems.  But neither do they
give the MG TD a cushiony suspension.

Cheers, Ian W.