[Kde-games-devel] kgoldrunner ported to KScoreDialog

Dmitry Suzdalev dimsuz at gmail.com
Thu Aug 9 17:46:02 CEST 2007

On Thursday 09 August 2007 18:01, Mauricio Piacentini wrote:
> I do not know if there is an easy way to solve this (maybe check the
> distance of the mouse, and if it is obviously intending to move left or
> right then we can disregard the down movement?)
Heh! Only after this sentence I actually understood what the problem is :).
After reading Ian's reply I just thought that this is some kind of hardcoded
game rule (which made a surprise to me to be honest) :-)

Now I see that this is just a problem from programmer's POV.

> Or add a rule that makes
> it impossible to enter into a hole that is occupied by the enemy, as
> this is a dumb move anyway and no one would want to do it on purpose?
Yes, I think this is how it could be solved too.

> If Ian find that this is not appropriate we could maybe find a way (in
> the tutorial) to warn the user about this particularity. It is really
> common, but something that we do not see in users that already play the
> game for some time. My wife was also puzzled about it when she started
> playing, and someone at aKademy mentioned the same to me, so it is
> probably a common stumbler block that prevents more people from getting
> into KGr.
Yes, I think it is not very clear and if not solved in KGr code this should be
a warning to the user at least. Because If it won't be solved, I think it
will be FAQ :)

Dmitry.