[Kde-games-devel] which libkdegames Highscore class for kgoldrunner

Luciano Montanaro mikelima at cirulla.net
Tue Aug 7 01:12:17 CEST 2007

Hi all,
I have been thinking of making kgoldrunner use libkdegames for its highscore
handling, so I've studied the files under libkdegames/highscore.

The problem is that I feel there is too much choice in this regard!

What are the classes actually recommended for use in new games, or are them
there because they are still in use by some of the games?

One possibility I was considering was to use KScoreDialog, which seem to
provide what is needed by kgoldrunner.

On the other hand, for an "arcade" game I'd see a fancier display within the
game window (maybe as a semi-transparent layer over the last level played) to
be a better option.

Maybe we need a model-view score system. :)

Luciano