[Kde-games-devel] KGoldrunner

Ian Wadham ianw2 at optusnet.com.au
Thu Aug 9 03:48:46 CEST 2007

On Thu, 9 Aug 2007 03:02 am, Luciano Montanaro wrote:
> I'd like to continue with the background/actors split in the theme managing
> code, if you agree it would be nice to have.

That's fine by me, Luciano, if you mean having separate SVG files for
runners and for tiles/backgrounds.  It's expecting a bit much for every theme
artist to have to compose a whole set of runner-animation frames.  We
have to be careful as to what runners will be easily visible over what
sets of tiles/backgrounds.  Gameplay is paramount for me.

BTW I heard from an Inkscape insider at our local Linux group on
Tuesday that animation features are still "on the roadmap" for Inkscape,
but no idea when they will appear.  Almost anything would be better than
what we are doing now with Inkscape in the animation area ... ;-)

Cheers, Ian W.