[Kde-games-devel] KReversi opening play rules

Inge Wallin inge at lysator.liu.se
Wed Sep 20 18:39:01 CEST 2006

On Wednesday 20 September 2006 16.31, Mauricio Piacentini wrote:
> Customizing the opening play sounds like a good suggestion to me.
> However, it can make the start of the game a little more cumbersome
> (different sequence of actions), so this needs to be explained to
> beginners, or maybe used as a game option in the advanced levels. Dmitry
> is probably the one that can comment on it. He is on vacation this week.

I'm not sure about this idea.  If you follow through on it, please make it
very clear to the player that this is an *optional* way of starting the game.
If you are unsure about the standard setup, then you can refer to the
Wikipedia article http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reversi.

Anybody who has played more than a little Reversi before and has read some
opening theory will get very annoyed if there isn't a quick way to start a
standard game.

	-Inge

> BTW, this feedback is probably originated from my blog post about the
> KReversi rewrite, at
>
> http://maupiacentini.blogspot.com/2006/09/kreversi-rewrite.html
>
> Regards,
> Mauricio

Inge Wallin               | Thus spake the master programmer:               |
                          |      "After three days without programming,     |
inge at lysator.liu.se       |       life becomes meaningless."                |
                          | Geoffrey James: The Tao of Programming.         |