[Kde-games-devel] kreversi_rewrite is almost finished...

Mauricio Piacentini mauricio at tabuleiro.com
Wed Sep 6 23:27:57 CEST 2006

> And it is: kreversi is using QGraphicsView framework.

And how is it working out for you? I understand the graphic requirements
are not heavy, so it is probably ok.

In KGoldrunner we could not get acceptable (and linear) performance yet,
and I can see the Qt4.2 release coming closer and this is still not
fixed. Hopefully our feedback on qt4-preview will be considered.

While we wait for a resolution, I put my plans of porting KMahjongg
drawing to QGV on hold. I am going to wait one or two weeks (or Qt4.2
final), and if this performance issue is not addressed I will probably
use QPainter directly for both KMahjongg and KGoldrunner.

To be honest, in KMahjongg I do not think we will have much trouble with
QGV due to the relatively stillness of the pieces :) But KGoldrunner
seems to reveal the worst case scenarios in the current QGV
implementation, so it looks like we will have to port the drawing code
again if nothing changes...

Regards,
Mauricio