[Kde-games-devel] kshisen maintainership

Dave Corrie kde at davecorrie.com
Tue Oct 3 19:19:13 CEST 2006

On Monday 02 October 2006 04:07, Mauricio Piacentini wrote:
> >> I think it's fair to say that KShisen might well benefit from a
> >> more active maintainer. If someone steps forward I'd be happy to
> >> let them take over the reins.
> >
> > Well, IIRC Mauricio Piacentini, who recently took over KMahjongg
> > said that he has some plans on doing similar work on KShisen. I.e.
> > refactor it to use SVG tiles, KGHNS, maybe something more.
> >
> > I'm CC-ing kde-games-devel, so he can tell us about his plans (if
> > any) :).
>
> Well, I plan to make KShisen share the tilesets and background used
> in the updated KMahjongg, as soon as it is finished, and add the
> canvas updates and cacheing as well.

That would be excellent. I thought KShisen etc should use SVG tiles ever
since I saw Gnome Mahjongg start using them so time ago. I never did
quite get round to it though...

> Actually, KShisen is in good shape, it is already scalable, and the
> Tileset class is very similar to the one in KMahjongg, so this should
> be relatively straight forward to implement in a couple of days. I
> just need to finish the KMahjongg implementation first, test and
> improve it, and then it will be relatively easy to apply the final
> results to KShisen. There are few open items in bugzilla (wishes) as
> well, and they will be solved by this graphics update. Anyway, I will
> definately work a bit on it in the near future. Maybe David should
> continue to maintain it (if he wants to?) I can assist him as
> co-maintainer or something like that during this transition period to
> KDE 4.

I have no objection to remaining as maintainer for the time being. My
original statement still goes that I would not object to moving aside
given the arrival of someone more active.

If I manage to get around to refactoring the high score table (it would
be much fairer to have a separate table for each board size), then that
would clear out almost all of the KShisen problem reports in
bugzilla...

Cheers,

Dave