[Kde-games-devel] kshisen maintainership

Mauricio Piacentini mauricio at tabuleiro.com
Mon Oct 2 05:07:04 CEST 2006

>> I think it's fair to say that KShisen might well benefit from a more
>> active maintainer. If someone steps forward I'd be happy to let them
>> take over the reins.
> Well, IIRC Mauricio Piacentini, who recently took over KMahjongg said that he
> has some plans on doing similar work on KShisen. I.e. refactor it to use SVG
> tiles, KGHNS, maybe something more.
>
> I'm CC-ing kde-games-devel, so he can tell us about his plans (if any) :).

Well, I plan to make KShisen share the tilesets and background used in
the updated KMahjongg, as soon as it is finished, and add the canvas
updates and cacheing as well.
Actually, KShisen is in good shape, it is already scalable, and the
Tileset class is very similar to the one in KMahjongg, so this should be
relatively straight forward to implement in a couple of days. I just
need to finish the KMahjongg implementation first, test and improve it,
and then it will be relatively easy to apply the final results to KShisen.
There are few open items in bugzilla (wishes) as well, and they will be
solved by this graphics update. Anyway, I will definately work a bit on
it in the near future. Maybe David should continue to maintain it (if he
wants to?) I can assist him as co-maintainer or something like that
during this transition period to KDE 4.

Regards,
Mauricio Piacentini