[Kde-games-devel] ksudoku and kde-games

Ian Wadham ianw2 at optusnet.com.au
Thu Nov 23 23:31:30 CET 2006

From: Burkhard Lehner, Thursday, November 23
> I think, undo and redo are nevertheless nice features.
> Especially if you forgot to set a checkpoint! :-)

Good point! :-)

> How about calling it "Set checkpoint" and "Return to
> checkpoint"? Should be clear to everyone. Or maybe
> one could call it "bookmark"?

I'm thinking of my wife, who also enjoys a good Sudoku.
"Checkpoint" and "bookmark" would not be at all clear
to her and she is a native English speaker.  "Checkpoint"
is too technical or associated with the Berlin Wall and
"bookmark" is a false analogy in this context.

May I suggest something explicit, like "Save position"
and "Return to saved position" or "Mark position" or
"Record position" and "Return to ... etc".

> The "Return to checkpoint" could also show a list of
> all set checkpoints, to choose one of them (similar as
> the undo history in a web browser).

Excellent idea, if it is not too much work for Johannes
and friends.

All the best, Ian W.