[Kde-games-devel] ksudoku and kde-games

Burkhard Lehner Burkhard.Lehner at gmx.de
Thu Nov 23 11:15:37 CET 2006

Hi,

2006/11/22, Ian Wadham <ianw2 at optusnet.com.au>:

> From: "Johannes Bergmeier" <Johannes.Bergmeier at gmx.net>
> > I had the same problem when i began working on ksudoku.
> > so i decided to replace the "push checkpoint" and "pop
> > checkpoint" with a simple undo/redo history.
> >
> Errrmm ... undo/redo would be useful sometimes, but it is
> usually fairly easy to undo a recent mistake.

I think, undo and redo are nevertheless nice features. Especially if you
forgot to set a checkpoint! :-)

> "Push checkpoint"
> and "Pop checkpoint" are a bit different and are very helpful
> in the "Diabolical" level of Sudoku.

How about calling it "Set checkpoint" and "Return to checkpoint"? Should be
clear to everyone. Or maybe one could call it "bookmark"?

The "Return to checkpoint" could also show a list of all set checkpoints, to
choose one of them (similar as the undo history in a web browser).

Just my suggestions.

Burkhard