[Kde-games-devel] Tileset storage location and KNewStuff

Alan Horkan horkana at maths.tcd.ie
Thu Aug 31 13:39:42 CEST 2006

On Wed, 30 Aug 2006 mauricio at tabuleiro.com wrote:

[...]

> /usr/share/apps/mahjonggtilesets
> /usr/share/apps/kdegames-common/tilesets
> /usr/share/apps/kdegamestilesets
> /usr/share/apps/tilesets
>
> Any particular winner? Keep in mind that we will have to offer backgrounds
> as well, so a subdirectory scheme makes more sense to me
>
> /usr/share/apps/kdegames-common/mahjongg/tilesets
> /usr/share/apps/kdegames-common/mahjongg/backgrounds

why not as follows:

/usr/share/apps/kdegames/common/mahjongg/tilesets
/usr/share/apps/kdegames/common/mahjongg/backgrounds

> /usr/share/apps/kmahjongg/tilesets
> /usr/share/apps/kmahjongg/backgrounds

seems less tidy that way but one of the distributions should be able to
tell you if they would prefer a flatter or deeper more organised directory
structure.  (I would err on the side of better organised.)

> These could be used by any current (or future) game based on mahjongg
> tiles, including the REAL mahjongg, which is not a puzzle game iirc.

Yes, the "real" mahjong is a 4 player game.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mahjong

Gnome and KDE should probably be describing their games Mahjong
solitaire.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mahjong_solitaire
I am reminded that it can also be a two player game.

I used to think the 'gg' at the end of Mahjongg was a Gnome thing but
apparently there are various acceptable spellings.

--
Alan H