[Kde-games-devel] Tileset storage location and KNewStuff

mauricio at tabuleiro.com mauricio at tabuleiro.com
Wed Aug 30 22:46:55 CEST 2006

> Guess this is a good approach for tileset data. Need to investigate if
> this will conflict with Gnome, however, or if we need to use kgametilesets
> or something like that to avoid collisions.

And answering my own question again :), no it does not conflict with
Gnome. Card and tileset data for gnome are stored at

/usr/share/pixmap/mahjongg
/usr/share/pixmap/gnome-games-common/cards

So I considered some locations

/usr/share/apps/mahjonggtilesets
/usr/share/apps/kdegames-common/tilesets
/usr/share/apps/kdegamestilesets
/usr/share/apps/tilesets

Any particular winner? Keep in mind that we will have to offer backgrounds
as well, so a subdirectory scheme makes more sense to me

/usr/share/apps/kdegames-common/mahjongg/tilesets
/usr/share/apps/kdegames-common/mahjongg/backgrounds

Or simply

/usr/share/apps/kmahjongg/tilesets
/usr/share/apps/kmahjongg/backgrounds

which is more or less the current way, but make KShisen use it as well. Or
yet

/usr/share/apps/mahjongg-common/tilesets
/usr/share/apps/mahjongg-common/backgrounds

These could be used by any current (or future) game based on mahjongg
tiles, including the REAL mahjongg, which is not a puzzle game iirc.

Regards,
Mauricio