[Kde-games-devel] libkdegames

Ian Wadham ianw at netspace.net.au
Thu Aug 17 10:31:50 CEST 2006

From: "Jaison Lee" <lee.jaison at gmail.com>
Sent: Sunday, August 13, 2006 1:35 AM
> I also think it would be cool to have the HighScore classes send the
> data to a server somewhere so you can see how you do against others
> around the world. Care would need to be taken to minimize the impact
> of fraudulant entries ...

If a game has a recording and scripting mechanism, one way would
be for players to submit scripts of how they tackled the more advanced
levels.  This idea is used on the 5-dimensional Rubik's Cube site.

> Is 3D support of any kind needed? There's no 3D anything right now.

I have a 3D Rubik's Cube game that I hope to submit to KDE Games,
but it's not quite finished.  It supports cubes, bricks (e.g. 6x3x2) and
mats (e.g. 6x4x1) from 2x2x1 up to 6x6x6, as well as the ever-
popular 3x3x3 cube.  The main demo is similar to the animated
Rubik XScreensaver, but there are also demos of solution moves
and pretty patterns.  There are graded puzzles from kiddy to master
level ... or you can set up your own puzzle.  There are QPtrLists all
through it, so I might have trouble converting to Qt 4 ... :-(

Don't think I need any library support though, beyond what OpenGL
and Qt already give.

All the best, Ian W.