[Kde-games-devel] libkdegames

Kleag kleag at free.fr
Wed Aug 16 20:49:16 CEST 2006

Hello,

Le dimanche 13 août 2006 16:19, Dmitry Suzdalev a écrit :
> On Sunday 13 August 2006 17:32, Jaison Lee wrote:
> > Adding the nifty new features we're discussing to libkdegames. There
> > is definately something to "if you build it they will come" mentality.
>
> One more thing to mention is that while discussing new features to add,
> let's discuss also is there something to remove.
> I know we've already discussed KGameIO* here and everyone (including me)
> agreed that this is a useful concept.
> But... IIRC it's used in only 2 (or even one) games from all of kdegames.
> If it's useful but almost no one uses it, then maybe we should rethink its
> usage? Useful != usable_and_applicable sometimes.
> The same applies to KGame/KPlayer. Search kdegames for the games that use
> it and you'll see what I mean. Two or three of them.
Just to be sure these great features are not removed too quickly, I prefer to
repeat that KsirK uses KGameIO* AND KGame/KPlayer AND KGameProperties. Well,
a great part of libkdegames/kgame :-)
But as I already stated, I agree that some things should be reworked in
libkdegames. I have to look more precisely to all that, but  I think for
example at the turn handling algorithm, that is not adapted to KsirK, where,
even if turn-based, the turns are more complex than the binary relation in
libkdegames.

> What is used from libkdegames is KStdGameAction, Highscore's, KChat.
> Though through what I've seen they all need to be polished too :).
I don't currently use KStdGameAction, Highscores nor KChat in KsirK :-)

Regards,

Kleag
--
KsirK - a turn-based strategy game for KDE
http://gna.org/projects/ksirk

KGraphViewer - a GraphViz dot graphs viewer
http://gna.org/projects/kgraphviewer