[Kde-games-devel] KGoldrunner initial port completed

Albert Astals Cid aacid at kde.org
Fri Aug 11 09:56:58 CEST 2006

A Divendres 11 Agost 2006 01:51, mauricio at tabuleiro.com va escriure:
> Hi, guys. I did a bunch of commits today and basically finished the KDE4
> port of KGoldrunner for QGV. Qt3support classes are also not used anymore.

Good work!

> I adjusted all the layout issues with dialog boxes, and also took care of
> scaling in the main window. But there is still one visual glitch that I
> don't think I can solve.
>
> The game calls KMessageBox to display feedback and hints to the user. This
> is wrapped as:
>
> void KGrMessage::information (QWidget * parent, const QString &caption,
> const QString &text)
> {
>     // KDE does word-wrapping and will observe "\n" line-breaks.
>     KMessageBox::information (parent, text, caption);
> }
>
> Some of the messages are being cut at the bottom, so apparently
> KMessageBox is not laying things out correctly.

Strange, are you sure to have an uptodate kdelibs?

> Being new to KDE, what is the best course of action? File a bug against
> kdelibs? Any tips for someone new to bugzilla?

Well as this is a work in progress kdelibs does not have much sense to file a
bug in bugzilla about it, what you should do is:

* Update kdelibs from svn and see if it has been fixed
* If not, try to fix it!
* If you can not, contact the last person(s) who touched the file and tell
them your problem
* If they don't react contact kde-core-devel and tell about your problem.

Albert