[Kde-games-devel] KGoldrunner initial port completed

mauricio at tabuleiro.com mauricio at tabuleiro.com
Fri Aug 11 01:51:08 CEST 2006

Hi, guys. I did a bunch of commits today and basically finished the KDE4
port of KGoldrunner for QGV. Qt3support classes are also not used anymore.

I adjusted all the layout issues with dialog boxes, and also took care of
scaling in the main window. But there is still one visual glitch that I
don't think I can solve.

The game calls KMessageBox to display feedback and hints to the user. This
is wrapped as:

void KGrMessage::information (QWidget * parent, const QString &caption,
const QString &text)
{
    // KDE does word-wrapping and will observe "\n" line-breaks.
    KMessageBox::information (parent, text, caption);
}

Some of the messages are being cut at the bottom, so apparently
KMessageBox is not laying things out correctly.

Being new to KDE, what is the best course of action? File a bug against
kdelibs? Any tips for someone new to bugzilla?

Regards,
Mauricio