[Kde-games-devel] KReversi rewrite

Dmitry Suzdalev dimsuz at gmail.com
Thu Aug 10 10:02:17 CEST 2006

Hi!
2006/8/10, Inge Wallin <inge at lysator.liu.se>:
> That's good.  I'd be interested to know what your ideas are, especially
> regarding the GUI. (see below)
Well, now I just want to start it over based on your reversi engine
and QGraphicsView framework. For a starters I'd like to see it looking
like the current kreversi... Maybe I'll come up with some ideas during
development - I'll keep you informed :).
Is it ok to ask you for advice if I'll need it? :)

> > I asked Stephan Kulow about this and he gave me a green light :).
> > Also he said, that original author currently doesn't want to maintain
> > kreversi, so it's okay if i'll take it over and do this rewrite.
>
> I'm a bit surprised by this, because I'm currently maintaining KReversi, and
> Stephan should know this. I'm actually pretty proud of the fact that
> KReversi
> has zero (0!) registered unsolved bugs, not counting the wishes, most of
> which were registered by myself. You can see the ChangeLog file for what
> I've
> done during the last year or so. Unfortunately there were some fixes missed
> that are not in there.
Hmm... Perhaps this is me who understood Stephan incorrectily or this
is Stephan who made some mistake (his involved in so much with KDE
that no wonder) ;).

And yes, I remember that recently on kde-commits there were bug-fixing ones :).

> That said, I'm currently pretty tied up in KOffice development and don't
> have
> time to give it the attention that it deserves. So if you think you have
> good
> ideas and the time and energy to implement them, by all means go ahead. If
> you want to take over maintainership, then we could arrange that too.
Thank you! As about a maintainership, I don't know yet :).
But I'll have that in my mind.

> Btw, there should really be a file in the top level of kdegames that states
> who the maintainers are.
Yes, I found it. And I've also found (c) 1997 there, so I thought that
that's rather old and the author could be out of reach now. Next time
I won't think so :).

> Good luck, Dmitry!
Thanks!

Cheers,