[Kde-games-devel] KReversi rewrite

Inge Wallin inge at lysator.liu.se
Thu Aug 10 10:44:15 CEST 2006

On Thursday 10 August 2006 10.02, Dmitry Suzdalev wrote:
> Hi!
>
> 2006/8/10, Inge Wallin <inge at lysator.liu.se>:
> > That's good.  I'd be interested to know what your ideas are, especially
> > regarding the GUI. (see below)
>
> Well, now I just want to start it over based on your reversi engine
> and QGraphicsView framework. For a starters I'd like to see it looking
> like the current kreversi... Maybe I'll come up with some ideas during
> development - I'll keep you informed :).
> Is it ok to ask you for advice if I'll need it? :)

Certainly.  I won't mind if you come up with something nicer, graphics wise.
Personally, I have a problem with the red/blue pieces since real-life reversi
always uses black/white.  On the other hand I guess that people are used to
it now, so we might as well keep it.

> > > I asked Stephan Kulow about this and he gave me a green light :).
> > > Also he said, that original author currently doesn't want to maintain
> > > kreversi, so it's okay if i'll take it over and do this rewrite.
> >
> > I'm a bit surprised by this, because I'm currently maintaining KReversi,
> > and Stephan should know this. I'm actually pretty proud of the fact that
> > KReversi
> > has zero (0!) registered unsolved bugs, not counting the wishes, most of
> > which were registered by myself. You can see the ChangeLog file for what
> > I've
> > done during the last year or so. Unfortunately there were some fixes
> > missed that are not in there.
>
> Hmm... Perhaps this is me who understood Stephan incorrectily or this
> is Stephan who made some mistake (his involved in so much with KDE
> that no wonder) ;).

No problem, I was just surprised.

	-Inge

--
Inge Wallin               | Thus spake the master programmer:               |
                          |      "After three days without programming,     |