[Kde-games-devel] KDE4 and QGraphicsView port of KGoldrunner

Mauricio Piacentini mauricio at tabuleiro.com
Wed Aug 9 23:17:02 CEST 2006

> And I can enlighten you about this warning:
> It's issued because these actions aren't added to KMainWindow.
> You'll need to call addAction(act) on corresponding KActions in
> KGoldRunner::setupActions().

Yes, that solved it. It is strange that this was not apparently required
in KDE3, as the game was previously working without addAction(). I added
these and keyboard play is now operational, thanks!

> So what stops you from commiting? ;)
> I guess you can do it in one go, no need to split.

I usually prefer to commit each change separately so we can see when
something is broken. But in this case this is not really possible, since
the port is more or less a job that spawns several interrelated files.
Commit is done, already with this fix and some minor ones as well. Still
lots of layout issues to sort, but we are getting there. Only bug is
saving, I comment it in the patch and will investigate it.

> Ah, can you also add 'const' keyword to some getters in a couple of
> KGr*Dialog classes? While looking through you patch I noticed that
> they miss it (getName, getHint, isTrad, etc etc methods).

Done, thanks.

Regards,
Mauricio Piacentini