[Kde-games-devel] Icon for "show possible moves"

Inge Wallin inge at lysator.liu.se
Sun Oct 17 12:34:36 CEST 2004

On Saturday 16 October 2004 11.54, Rob Kaper wrote:
> On Saturday 16 October 2004 12:05am, Inge Wallin wrote:
> > This will be a KAction with an icon in the toolbar and an entry in the
> > View(?) menu.  I haven't decided yet if it will be a toggled option or a
> > one-shot thing, but that is not the problem.
>
> Make it a toggle action, please. Otherwise game logic will have to control
> the view property..

I didn't quite understand that.  Could you elaborate?

> I didn't find an appropriate icon either. What I usually do (or should do)
> in these cases: make one yourself, no matter how ugly, commit, and ask
> kde-artists to improve it. Our inability to create high-quality icons
> shouldn't prevent us from adding actions with icons.
>
> I could work on a mockup icon for this action.. my initial thoughts: a soft
> 2x2 grid with a token on 1,1 and arrows to the other 3 grids. For "view
> possible moves" there would be a question mark on top, for "demo or
> autoplay" the play icon.

Sure, why note?  However bad it is, it will probably still be much better than
I would be able to come up with.  :-)  But since you never move your pieces
in Reversi, perhaps you should skip the arrow.  On the other hand, the arrows
might be a good general metaphor for moves...

	-Inge

--
Inge Wallin               | Thus spake the master programmer:               |
                          |      "After three days without programming,     |