[Kde-games-devel] Icon for "show possible moves"

Rob Kaper cap at capsi.com
Sat Oct 16 11:54:09 CEST 2004

On Saturday 16 October 2004 12:05am, Inge Wallin wrote:
> This will be a KAction with an icon in the toolbar and an entry in the
> View(?) menu.  I haven't decided yet if it will be a toggled option or a
> one-shot thing, but that is not the problem.

Make it a toggle action, please. Otherwise game logic will have to control the
view property..

> What I would like to know is which icon would be best to use for this.  Any
> suggestions?  The best choice would be a standard icon, but I am not sure
> that there is an appropriate one.

I didn't find an appropriate icon either. What I usually do (or should do) in
these cases: make one yourself, no matter how ugly, commit, and ask
kde-artists to improve it. Our inability to create high-quality icons
shouldn't prevent us from adding actions with icons.

I could work on a mockup icon for this action.. my initial thoughts: a soft
2x2 grid with a token on 1,1 and arrows to the other 3 grids. For "view
possible moves" there would be a question mark on top, for "demo or autoplay"
the play icon.

Rob
--
Rob Kaper     | "Whoever wants to know the heart and mind of America had
cap at capsi.com | better learn baseball" -- Jacques Barzun