[Kde-games-devel] KGame: A few questions

Inge Wallin inge at lysator.liu.se
Sun Aug 1 22:25:28 CEST 2004

On Sun, 1 Aug 2004, Albert Astals Cid wrote:

> A Diumenge 01 Agost 2004 21:28, Inge Wallin va escriure:
> > On Sun, 1 Aug 2004, Martin Heni wrote:
> >
> > I couldn't find anything more official than this link to KDE myths
> > (http://kdemyths.urbanlizard.com/viewMyth.php?mythID=42).  Did you have
> > anything else in mind?
>
> Have a look at
> http://developer.kde.org/documentation/library/kdeqt/kde3arch/devel-binarycompatibility.html

Thanks!  Much better.

> > Until I have my own CVS privileges, I will send the patches to the list
> > for comments.  Then somebody has to commit the changes.  I had some
> > contact with Nicolas Hadacek earlier this summer and he seemed to be
> > somewhat in charge of kreversi.  Maybe he or You (Martin) would be the
> > best to do it?
>
> If you plan to do that kind of heavy work on kreversi i'll suggest asking for
> CVS access as it will be easier for you.

Sure, but I thought that you had to have somebody "on the inside"
recommend you?

> > So.  Now to some practical questions.  I understand that there is a code
> > freeze in place, and that there will be so until KDE 3.3 is released.
> >
> > 1. Comments on the plan?
>
> Seems good :)

Thanks.

> > 2. Can I / we perhaps work on a CVS branch until the end of the freeze?  I
> >    have seen other examples of this
>
> You can do it, but you can also work localy on your machine and wait until the
> freeze ends, have a look at
> http://developer.kde.org/development-versions/kde-3.3-release-plan.html for
> an estimate of the freeze ending.

This would be good for me, but nobody else would see the changes.  And if
I continue with more than 2 or 3 steps from the plan, then nobody will be
able to follow what is happening if I show the patch for steps 1-4.  :-(

> > 3. Shall I send the patches to the list or in private mail?
>
> As i said i think it will be better for you to ask for a CVS account.

Can you help me get one?

	-Inge

Inge Wallin               | Thus spake the master programmer:               |
                          |      "After three days without programming,     |
inge at lysator.liu.se       |       life becomes meaningless."                |
                          | Geoffrey James: The Tao of Programming.         |