[Kde-games-devel] Re: REKO cardsets for KDE cardgames?

Kevin Krammer kevin.krammer at gmx.at
Tue Jun 10 12:37:12 CEST 2003

On Monday 09 June 2003 21:50, Neil Stevens wrote:
> On Monday June 09, 2003 12:47, Bernd Lachner wrote:
> > > Not if you want KDE card games to be able to load your card decks.
> >
> > O.K. That means write a IO slave uses nothing because the card games
> > needs "normal" files and can't load files over a IO slave. Right?

Couldn't the library, or whatever usually locates the images, use the IO
slave behind the scenes?
Something like creatng temporary images similar to the image cache of a
browser?

> > Maybe the following function which returns the path to a card
> > directory with png files can return instead a list or a array of
> > QImage (or QPixmap?) objects with the card images.
> >
> >   /**
> >    * @return The chosen card directory
> >    */
> >    const QString& cardDir() const;
> >
> > That means replacing  the above function by the following function or
> > add a new function like the following:
> >
> >   QImage[] cardImages();
> >
> > That means the card dialog can use the png files and also other
> > formats like the REKO formats. But unfortunally that means also that
> > functions have to be add to the games to using this advanced dialog.
>
> Can't do that.  We can't break the existing API.  So we have to use
> your first option.

Does adding non virtual method break BC?

Cheers,
Kevin
Kevin Krammer <kevin.krammer at gmx.at>
Developer at the Kmud Project http://www.kmud.de/