[Kde-games-devel] Re: KGoldrunner 2.0 (KDE application) available

Ian Wadham ianw at netspace.net.au
Sun Aug 17 14:41:57 CEST 2003

----- Original Message -----
From: "Andreas Beckermann" <b_mann at gmx.de>
> If you are speaking about these errors raised by dialogs that look like
this:

> X Error: BadValue (integer parameter out of range for operation) 2
>   Major opcode:  102 Minor opcode:  0 Resource id:  0x0
>
> Then you can safely ignore them. IIRC it is a problem with X that cannot
be
> solved in KDE (*IIRC*).

Not quite.  I get mine in KDialogBase too, but the message says:

    WARNING: KDE detected XError: BadMatch (invalid parameter attributes)
\x08
    Major opcode:  *

It happens reproducibly if you do "aDialog->exec()" twice (as when repeating
the
dialog if the input failed the application's validation checks).  It even
happens
if the dialog contains no application widgets (i.e. only OK and Cancel in
the box).
It does not happen in the Qt-only version of KGoldrunner (using QDialog).

CU, Ian W.