[Kde-games-devel] Re: KGoldrunner 2.0 (KDE application) available

Andreas Beckermann b_mann at gmx.de
Sat Aug 16 03:07:39 CEST 2003

On Friday 15 August 2003 11:28, Ian Wadham wrote:
[...]
>    1. It links to $(LIB_KDEGAMES), which is unknown to Gideon (see
>        my bug report 62288).  I do not know if kdenonbeta recognises the
>        KDE Games library.

$(LIB_KDEGAMES) is not defined anywhere outside kdegames. You may want to
include the necessary lines to your configure.in.in - look into kdegames/
configure.in.in and copy them.
Alternatively you can simply use "-lkdegames" instead and be happy. (thats
what I do, btw)

>    3. When KGoldrunner is executing, the KDE library intermittently
>        issues "X error" messages.  I have written a note about this in
>        KGoldrunner's BUGS file.  I think this is a KDE Library bug,
>        but am not sure yet.  The errors have no effect on the application.

If you are speaking about these errors raised by dialogs that look like this:

X Error: BadValue (integer parameter out of range for operation) 2
  Major opcode:  102
  Minor opcode:  0
  Resource id:  0x0

Then you can safely ignore them. IIRC it is a problem with X that cannot be
solved in KDE (*IIRC*).

> Cheers, Ian Wadham

CU
Andi