[Kde-games-devel] Re: new KDE game: dominoes

Jay Glascoe kde-games-devel@mail.kde.org
Thu, 7 Nov 2002 11:18:28 -0800 (PST)

thanks everyone for all the replies,

I did find all the documentation at developer.kde.org
and have downloaded the megami game (and downloaded the
kde api docs for good measure). This should give me more
than enough to chew on for some time. Oh, and I'll be
checking for gcc3 compliance from now on. Thanks for the
patch.

One more general question: I'm worried that my game is
too large (~500k tarred and gzipped) Are there any
guidelines on size for small KDE games. I can easily
downsize by removing domino images (I guess the large
ones would have to go first).

I do also have some specific Qt development questions
which I'll redirect to kde-devel@kde.org
However, I can't resist asking here: how the hell do you
get a QCanvas to stop tiling an image background and
revert to plain solid color background? (ugh, I tried
a few things. nothing worked.)

sincerely,
Jay

PS: Apologies for previous posts in HTML, hopefully this
is plain text (my internet access is a bit screwed up now,
all my access is through this lovely MS machine, and all
email is through yahoo)