[Kde-games-devel] Request for Suggestions: Kolf

Aaron J. Seigo kde-games-devel@mail.kde.org
Thu, 14 Feb 2002 12:56:01 -0700

hi...

> If I perhaps finished another 1-2 courses, could this fit into kdegames in
> KDE 3.1? I would love suggestions on gameplay, the course, or new objects
> that could be added.

my wife and i wasted a good portion of the evening earlier this week playing
kolf ... great fun!

our observations:

 o would be nice if the winner of the last hole went first on the next hole
(at least configurable that way)

 o a more intelligent initial putter positioning at the start of each turn
would be nice ... currently it is positioned wherever it was at the end of
the last turn, which results in a lot of moving the putter at the begining of
most turns...

 o occasionally it was possible to get "stuck" on walls or outside of the
perimeter. hitting into water sometimes resulted in this. i promise to keep
better records in future of when this happens to pass on to you =)

 o graphics are pretty simple right now (understandable as it is brand new).
nicer gradients, smoother walls, pixmaps for sand, etc would add a lot to the
game.

overall, it is already a very cool game that is a lot of fun to play. thanks
for making it! with some graphics polishing i think it would make a great
addition to kdegames =)

--
Aaron Seigo