[QGIS] Build broken on FreeBSD after import of QtPositioning/QtPositioningmod.sip

Rainer Hurling rhurlin at gwdg.de
Sat Jun 19 21:49:41 BST 2021

Hi Loïc,

Am 19.06.21 um 21:10 schrieb Loïc Bartoletti:
> Hi Rainer,
>
> Le 19/06/2021 à 15:52, Rainer Hurling a écrit :
>> Hi Loïc,
>>
>> Today I recognized a breakage with newest master of QGIS on FreeBSD,
>> which I reported as an Issue on the QGIS Github repo [1].
>>
>> [1] https://github.com/qgis/QGIS/issues/43791
>>
>> This happens right after the release of 3.20.0, puhh ;)
> Yes... but it's our fault :p
>>
>> The more I think about the new breakage, the more I think the cause is
>> probably FreeBSD. Obviously something is missing in connection with the
>> ports for qt5-core and py-qt5 to be able to use qt5-positioning similar
>> to the functionality for qt5-location as well ...
>>
>> I would be interested in your opinion on this. Are some additions under
>> Mk/Uses/ in qt.mk, qt-dist.mk and/or pyqt.mk necessary, in order to be
>> able to use QtPositioning and thus also the missing SIP file?
>
> Yes, QtPositioning is in qt5-location.
>
> However, py-qt5-location does not have the QtPositioningmod.sip

Riverbankcomputing listed qtpositioning as a module belonging to PyQt5:

https://www.riverbankcomputing.com/static/Docs/PyQt5/introduction.html#pyqt5-components

https://www.riverbankcomputing.com/static/Docs/PyQt5/api/qtpositioning/qtpositioning-module.html

> Moreover, our qt5-location have only QtPositioning. I think we are
> missing the QtPositioningQuick part as I saw on openbsd [1] [2]
>
> Maybe we should try to add Qml modules too in our qt5-location [3]

I do not think that we need Qml modules linked into qt5-location for that.

Our port devel/py-qt5-core indeed has the needed files like
sip/QtPositioning/QtPositioningmod.sip inside, but for some reason they
are not installed :(

Something like done for the port print/py-qt5-printsupport should to the
trick with QtPosition, shouldn't it?

I prepared a patch, which seems to be sufficient to get the needed
functionality. At least qgis-devel aka v3.21.0 builds again :)

Could you please try (and test) the attached patch, if it works for you?

If the patch is ok, we could put it in a Phabricator for the kde folks ;)

Best wishes,
Rainer