[QGIS] Build broken on FreeBSD after import of QtPositioning/QtPositioningmod.sip

Loïc Bartoletti lbartoletti at FreeBSD.org
Sun Jun 20 09:54:07 BST 2021

Hi,

> Riverbankcomputing listed qtpositioning as a module belonging to PyQt5:
>
> https://www.riverbankcomputing.com/static/Docs/PyQt5/introduction.html#pyqt5-components
>
> https://www.riverbankcomputing.com/static/Docs/PyQt5/api/qtpositioning/qtpositioning-module.html
You're right,
>> Moreover, our qt5-location have only QtPositioning. I think we are
>> missing the QtPositioningQuick part as I saw on openbsd [1] [2]
>>
>> Maybe we should try to add Qml modules too in our qt5-location [3]
> I do not think that we need Qml modules linked into qt5-location for that.
>
> Our port devel/py-qt5-core indeed has the needed files like
> sip/QtPositioning/QtPositioningmod.sip inside, but for some reason they
> are not installed :(
>
> Something like done for the port print/py-qt5-printsupport should to the
> trick with QtPosition, shouldn't it?
>

> I prepared a patch, which seems to be sufficient to get the needed
> functionality. At least qgis-devel aka v3.21.0 builds again :)
>
> Could you please try (and test) the attached patch, if it works for you?
It works. I successfully build qgis master with a minor changes: replace
positioning by location in USE_QT part.

> If the patch is ok, we could put it in a Phabricator for the kde folks ;)
Go ahead. I'm wondering whether to do a separate or built-in
PyQtPostioning port in PyQtLocation like for QT5. We can discuss it on
the review.

All the best,

Loïc