[QGIS] Build broken on FreeBSD after import of QtPositioning/QtPositioningmod.sip

Loïc Bartoletti lbartoletti at FreeBSD.org
Sat Jun 19 20:10:08 BST 2021

Hi Rainer,

Le 19/06/2021 à 15:52, Rainer Hurling a écrit :
> Hi Loïc,
>
> Today I recognized a breakage with newest master of QGIS on FreeBSD,
> which I reported as an Issue on the QGIS Github repo [1].
>
> [1] https://github.com/qgis/QGIS/issues/43791
>
> This happens right after the release of 3.20.0, puhh ;)
Yes... but it's our fault :p

> The more I think about the new breakage, the more I think the cause is
> probably FreeBSD. Obviously something is missing in connection with the
> ports for qt5-core and py-qt5 to be able to use qt5-positioning similar
> to the functionality for qt5-location as well ...
>
> I would be interested in your opinion on this. Are some additions under
> Mk/Uses/ in qt.mk, qt-dist.mk and/or pyqt.mk necessary, in order to be
> able to use QtPositioning and thus also the missing SIP file?

Yes, QtPositioning is in qt5-location.

However, py-qt5-location does not have the QtPositioningmod.sip

Moreover, our qt5-location have only QtPositioning. I think we are
missing the QtPositioningQuick part as I saw on openbsd [1] [2]

Maybe we should try to add Qml modules too in our qt5-location [3]

cc kde team ;)

[1] https://github.com/openbsd/ports/blob/master/x11/py-qt5/pkg/PLIST#L562

[2]
https://github.com/openbsd/ports/blob/305480aec88293c3cee34d2d9ffd7ae096ed1bbf/x11/qt5/qtlocation/Makefile#L13

[3]
https://github.com/freebsd/freebsd-ports-kde/blob/main/devel/qt5-location/Makefile#L11

> I have no experience with patching these parts of the port system and
> find the rules quite complicated.
I'll try some stuff on Monday.

> Many thanks for any answer. I am looking forward to hear from you :)
>
> Best wishes,
> Rainer

All the best,

Loïc