screen lock/saver after timeout does not seem to work

Andriy Gapon avg at FreeBSD.org
Fri Jul 19 13:59:15 BST 2019

On 16/07/2019 16:48, Andriy Gapon wrote:
> Thanks to everyone who replied.
> I was able to fix my problem, although I cannot explain how what I did
> could help.
>
> I had some custom settings including a different idle time, a
> non-default background for the lock screen and a custom keyboard shortcut.
> I reset all setting to defaults and after that auto-locking started to
> work.  I changed all settings one by one to my custom settings and after
> each change the auto-locking kept working.
>
> I am not sure what I did differently when I customized the screen
> locking originally.  Maybe I changed multiple settings at once.
> It seems that there is some obscure bug related to how the settings are
> saved.  But there is no meaningful difference between old and new
> versions of ~/.config/kscreenlockerrc.

Seems like I spoke too soon.
It worked for a while but then stopped again.
Not sure what happened in between.
Maybe my manual locking of the session "displeased" the auto-locking
daemons.

--
Andriy Gapon