screen lock/saver after timeout does not seem to work

Andriy Gapon avg at FreeBSD.org
Tue Jul 16 14:48:17 BST 2019

Thanks to everyone who replied.
I was able to fix my problem, although I cannot explain how what I did
could help.

I had some custom settings including a different idle time, a
non-default background for the lock screen and a custom keyboard shortcut.
I reset all setting to defaults and after that auto-locking started to
work.  I changed all settings one by one to my custom settings and after
each change the auto-locking kept working.

I am not sure what I did differently when I customized the screen
locking originally.  Maybe I changed multiple settings at once.
It seems that there is some obscure bug related to how the settings are
saved.  But there is no meaningful difference between old and new
versions of ~/.config/kscreenlockerrc.

--
Andriy Gapon